Frequently Asked Questions
Any Questions? Feel Free To Contact Us
Do I Need to Service my Gas Water Heater?
- The standard gas water heater (E.G: Atlas, Dewhot, Kexin, Zero and Totai) will need a service every two years, these have rubber seals and a diaphragm that wears out over time. If you are not getting your normal supply of hot water, it is a sign of needing a repair, we will also clean it and service it at the same time.
- Electronic gas geysers need to be protected from lightning and power surges. Like any appliance, this is covered with the warranty. Ecoblue Gas Products will repair your Paloma and Rinnai gas geysers, the Atlas Turbo Fan can also be repaired if part availability permits it, this depends on the age of the model.
- The Electronic/Turbo Fan Gas Geysers do not have chimneys and are outside geysers. They are stylish and not bulky as per the Electric.
- Gas bottles include a cage with 3 open mesh sides and mettle roof. A restraint can be added for safety in households with children.
- Do not tamper with the inside of a gas water heater, this will void the warranty. This risks damage to the geyser, your property and is not safe. Gas geysers do have safety features for this reason.
- Are gas geysers safe? These are safe, all brands have a variety of safety sensors that will shut off the flow of gas if triggered. If you smell gas or encounter other issues, turn off the gas supply on the bottle and call your certified installer. If you are unable reach your installer, please contact us to send a replacement installer at a small call out fee.
Where on the East Rand can I get a Gas Water Heater?
- We are based in Boksburg and provide services to the whole of the East Rand, we have our own certified gas installers country wide. Contact us to book an evaluation.
- Along with gas water heaters, we also provide gas hobs and ovens, these are the Stainless Steel 4 Plate or 5 Plate hob and the Standard 600 Gas Full House Oven. These include all safety shut off features.
- Gas water heaters need to be installed by certified gas installers, these installers know the rules for a certificate of compliance, which is necessary for your safety and for your home insurance to remain valid.
- Doing your own installation is not cost effective nor is it safe. You will not receive a certificate of compliance if you attempt the installation.
What Gas Geyser Do I Need?
1. Gas Geyser vs Electricity
The comparison to the cost of electricity with gas per unit is the incorrect way to work out which is more cost effective. Electricity runs 24/7 when you have power supply. Where as the Gas Water heater only uses energy when the tap is open. With the Standard Gas water heater when you don’t have electricity you can still have a hot shower.
2. What is a Standard Gas Geyser
The Standard Geyser works off gas and water and uses D size torch batteries to ignite. It is known as a Diaphragm gas water heater.
3. Why does the Paloma use Electricity?
The Paloma is an advanced Gas water heater which has a Micro Processor and a fan. The Microprocessor does a multitude of advantageous processes. Being the change in gas usage when using different flow rates for e.g. When you open a Bathroom basin it uses less water than a kitchen sink or a shower.
So the Microprocessor measures the flow rate which then changes the Flame Height used to warm the water to the indicated temperature that you have chosen on you Keypad. The fan force feed the gas which will also give a better combustion.
4. Will the Paloma Work when there is a Power Outage
No it will not work yet as its power draw is so low you are able to run it off a UPS, inverter or Soundwave Generator. NOTE: The UPS and inverter will also protect your gas geyser from power surges and lightning.
5. What is a bad gas installation?
When it comes to a DIY gas geyser installation, its unwise to try and do it your self, these are not only dangerous but illegal. You must use a certified Gas Installer for the installation which makes it safe, legal and you will then be covered for Warranty and Insurance.
6. What is the Difference between a Gas geyser or Gas Water Heater?
They are the same thing. It warms up the water as it passes the flame and goes direct to you hot water tap. There is NO holding tank or vessel.
7. What is the Advantage of a Gas Geyser?
You have endless hot water. Gas Geyser Advantage – Whereas a electric or solar system limits you to the size of the holding Vessel, which is either a 150lt or 200lt tank, these also take time to heat up and require electricity.